Cookies are tiny text files that are stored on your computer, tablet or mobile phone. They are NOT harmful to your computer or your security and despite misconceptions, are nothing to do with viruses like ‘Trojans’. When you visit a website, cookies allow the website to ‘remember’ you and how you’ve used the website each time you come back, which means you get a much better online experience.
If you want to know more about cookies head to www.aboutcookies.org or visit these sites:
- Information Commissioner’s Office at http://www.ico.gov.uk/
- Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie
What if I want to control my cookie permissions?
- Cookie settings for Google Chrome
- Cookie settings for Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings for Mozilla Firefox
- Cookie settings for Safari
By continuing to use our site, you agree to the placement of cookies on your device. If you choose not to receive our cookies, we cannot guarantee that your experience will be as fulfilling as it would otherwise be.